We exist to lead people into a relationship with Jesus through Love, Power, and Community
to care for people by creating environments of love where anyone can attend while reaching out to meet the needs of our community.
to make disciples by preaching the power of God for the salvation of the lost and equipping of the believer.
to teach obedience to the commands of Jesus according to the Scriptures as we gather on Sundays & meet in community groups throughout the week.
to train leaders for strengthening the local church while sending them out locally and globally.
to support strategic partners local and global who share our values by mobilizing workers and sharing resources.
to plant churches by establishing community groups, building relationships, and influencing our neighbors in preparation of future campuses.
This is our core set of values at Pooler Church. The Code sets the tone and trajectory of how we get things done. If the mission is the compass, this is the map that gives us direction.
1. WE DON’T CLEAN FISH BEFORE WE CATCH THEM– We will confront the common misconception that people must be good enough to come to church.
2. WE SIT DOWN FOR SALSA. We will take risks on relationships, get unstuck from our row, join a serve team, love God’s people, and each other up upon God‘s word. Salsa encourages us to share our lives with others.
3. WE LIKE THE SMELL OF SHEEP – We will maximize the potential God has gifted to our church by maximizing the potential in people. We all have problems, but we all carry the solution of the Holy Spirit through belief in Jesus.
4. WE MILK THE COWS AND MANAGE THE BEES – As a local church headed by Jesus and guided by the vision of our leaders, we will discover and develop our spiritual gifts while making the appropriate sacrifices so that we all go to the land flowing with milk and honey.
5. WE WILL BE A NECESSITY TO OUR CITY NOT AN ACCESSORY– In order to dominate a city with the gospel of Jesus, we can’t think small. We will be irrationally generous, set impossible goals, and watch God move.
6. WE LACK NOTHING – We will not waste time or resources waiting for a flashing sign in the sky before stepping out and trusting God. We trust that God will supply the strength and resources to fulfill the vision he has given to our church.
7. WE BELIEVE NOT GOOD ENOUGH IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH – We will always respond to the condemnation of a lying foe with the inspiration of a loving father.
8. WE EAT THE MEAT AND LEAVE THE BONES – We will always maintain a posture of learning. We seek to learn from everyone and incorporate a variety of influences into our methodology.
9. WE ALL STRIVE TO BE THE LAST DROP – We inspire the individual to be the catalyst and the last drop in what creates a big wave in our community and in our church.
10. WE ARE PAUL NOT SAUL – Jesus died our death so that we could live his life. We are who Christ says we are, and we will not echo the enemy of our destiny when describing ourselves.
In 2015, Eddie Tomberlin stood in front of a gathering of believers formerly known as Grace Culture and cast the vision for a new church in a neighboring city. The church relocated in January 2016 to the growing community of Pooler, Ga. So began Pooler Church. In 2017, after 13 years of ministry in the Savannah area, Eddie & Ladonna Tomberlin installed David & Megan Thaxton to lead Pooler Church. From the beginning, the vision of Pooler Church has been to create a culture of grace for those who are growing in faith, seeking faith or returning to faith. Pooler Church is committed to being a church that doesn’t clean fish before they catch them. In his first year, Pastor David cast the vision that Pooler Church was to be a church that cares for people, makes disciples, teaches obedience, trains leaders, supports strategic partners, and plants churches. Pooler Church continues to lead people into a relationship with Jesus through love, power, and community.
Please check out these Frequently Asked Questions about Pooler Church.